Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 3 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 14 days ago
Since with CAB Archives it seems that it is not possible to unpack them from Wanderer, but only from Dos, I found a way to do it through a simple Icon from Wanderer using the magic WBXCLI command created by the good "magorium"

I would like to point out that there are 2 types of CAB Archives (there is also a third one which is not used much), not to be confused, one is the "cabinet" used by Microsoft, the other by "InstallShield cabinet", usually the files are named "_sys.cab", "data1.hdr", "data1.cab", "data2.cab".

Wander thanks to two of my descriptors will recognise both CAB formats and associate the correct tool to unpack them.

I remind you that Microsoft CABs can be unpacked with the "Cabextract" command while "InstallShield" CABs can be unpacked with the "Unshield" command

To unpack both CABs, simply double-click on the icon and the data will automatically be unpacked in RAM in a folder called "Unpacked".

The "Unpacked" folder does not have a physical Icon will be visible if "Show all files" is set, on AROS One this setting on the RAM Icon is set by default.

I enclose Video Tutorial showing how to unpack the two versions of CAB from Wanderer and Dops4 (Microsoft CAB only)

https://youtu.be/...
Posted 6 days ago
Created new Pointers for AROS One, the Pointers have as "Busy" the same arrow with a small circle that will indicate when the Pointer is Busy, these Pointers will be in addition to those created by me previously.
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
pointer.png
Posted 4 days ago
Today I tried my hand at creating some Scripts to make it easier for all those users who are not Amiga Emulation experts.

Basically I've created some simple scripts in AmigaOS so that an Emulator would be started, with a typical configuration so that the user only has to add the Floppy (ADF).

The scripts should work on any "Amigosa" Platform of course depending on the platform you will choose the emulator that works best.

The scripts as well as starting the emulation will also load a config file which is universal, practically it should be compatible with all Emulators, the scripts created are 2 one for AGA games and the other for OCS/ECS games.

The two configs in addition to the settings for the two ChipSets also include a ROM and Floppy path, in the same path there is also the Emulator, all to keep all the data in one path.

I created a small video showing when mentioned, the system used in the video test is my AROS One, the emulator chosen was JanusUAE (more advanced and better working), also tested E-UAE and P-UAE, but they didn't satisfy me as much as JanusUAE.

The script once started will show the kick-start screen, the user will only have to run the emulator icon or use the function keys CTR-Alt+i and add the floppy, the emulator will do the rest, when the game will ask for more floppies you will have to redo the operation add floppy.

Video Tutorial: Emulator UAE Script
Posted 3 days ago
Found the solution also to start WHDLoad Games from icon on Wanderer, I'll follow with an exhaustive video
The tool in question is "TinyLauncher" for OS3, perfect for the purpose, it doesn't need Libraries and System Files, it allows from the GUI to create menus for Games, Demos and Music, and you start it by simply clicking an icon from the Wanderer, pretty much the same way as ADF as shown above in the video.

For TinyLauncher I got in touch with its Developer Michael GIBS to be allowed to install it on AROS One, after a few hours I got the answer via email where he gladly allowed me to use it, he also told me that he is of a certain age and Amiga enthusiast since ever, in the past I tested another good software of his "Amiga Boot Selector".
DimMan88, miker1264, retrofaza, aha, Argo
Posted 3 days ago
As peromitted here is the video that shows how WHDLoad games will start on AROS One!

Of course on AROS One there will be no KickStart or Games, that's what the user will have to do:

Before running, the games carefully read "All" the specific Readme also found in each folder, all this to

facilitate step-by-step installations.

For WHDLoad games the first time you start with TinyLauncher you have to create the Games Menu,
Read the attached TinyLauncher Readme and follow the on-screen instructions.

First you need to copy KickStart 1.3 and KickStart 3.1 to the path and name below:

SYS:Extras/Amiga-Games/DH0/Devs/Kickstarts/

KickStart must be renamed Kick34005.A500 and Kick40068.A1200 respectively.

ADF games must be copied to the Games-ADF folder
WHDLoad games must be copied to the Games-WHD folder instead.

If desired, subfolders can be created for each individual game.

No operating system is required, of course you can also load
ADF, and WHDLoad to start Workbench 1.3 and Workbench 3.1.

This is the video showing the ease of execution in the AROS environment running JanusUAE, which in turn runs what I set up in the script!

Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 13-10-2024 06:22, 3 days ago
retrofaza, DimMan88, miker1264
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 14
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]