Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Support

Last updated on 5 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
Yes, you are right, I was referring to the selection, I misspoke, I was referring to the fact that for detail you can use light backgrounds to display characters well, whereas for icons it is the opposite, i.e. better with dark backgrounds, for changing the colour of the text it would be useful to use a Font Prefs like the one in OS 3.1/3.9, see screenshot
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Hi All,

I developed a little extension in Zune: now it will support application ARexx port.

If an application supports ARexx commands, you should now be able to send them to it. I tested it with local fixed OWB build - note that the latest OWB has a bug and won't support ARexx. You will have to try it with other applications or wait for OWB update.

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/muimaster.library.20240731.zip

To check whether the port is active you can use Scout/Ports. When you see something like <applicationname>.1 then this means there is a port awailable (see OWB.1 and Scout.1 on screen shot)
You do not have access to view attachments
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
works deadwood
Edited by Amiwell79 on 31-07-2024 09:52, 2 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Have you tried sending any commands to any MUI application?
A
Posted 2 months ago
I am not capable I have never used arexx
Posted 2 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood

To check whether the port is active you can use Scout/Ports. When you see something like <applicationname>.1 then this means there is a port awailable (see OWB.1 and Scout.1 on screen shot)

Tested on AROS One, everything seems to work fine! testato esempio script Arexx RNOEffect
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Ok, thanks for confirmation.Like
A
Posted 2 months ago
yes the RNO suite uses the arexx port, thanks deadwood for all
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Hi All,

Johan, a new developer experimenting with AROS prepared Swedish keymap:

https://axrt.org/...nt/pc105_s
retrofaza, Deremon, Argo, Amiwell79, ntromans
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - deadwood, is it possible to correct the graphic artifacts when dragging an Icon ?

If you try to drag a native AROS Icon but also a DualPNG Icon, around the Icon you notice black graphic artifacts, see screenshot

I specify that on AROS 68k the problem does not exist, especially the DualPNG Icon when dragged and clean and clear !

Can you please show me a side-by-side screen shots of the problem on x86 and the correct rendering icong on AROS 68k when dragging (make sure it is for the same icon).
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Ok, nevermint. I understand the problem now.
Posted 2 months ago
Sorry for the delay but after the death of my Hardisk I am re-installing everything, in any case I had created the screenshots, maybe they can be useful, I used the DualPNG Icons I created, I am no expert but the problem could be on the Alpha channel!

AROS 68k strangely when you drag the Icons have a different colour, see screenshot !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Thanks, I located the issue, it is indeed related to alpha channel.

For testing I will need one icon from each type of icons that AROS supports (like the original amiga icons, 3.5 icons, etc). Do you maybe have some examples of those?
Posted 2 months ago
AROS seems to support many types of icons, it does it even better than other OS, I can send you all the icons I have, however you will find many types of icons here:

https://amiga-loo...

Question, do you remember the name of the font used in the AROS logo? Unfortunately I had it on my hard disk which broke.
A
Posted 2 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Thanks, I located the issue, it is indeed related to alpha channel.

For testing I will need one icon from each type of icons that AROS supports (like the original amiga icons, 3.5 icons, etc). Do you maybe have some examples of those?

deadwood may be enough?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
@Amiwell79

Yes, thats very good, thanks.
Posted 2 months ago
About the Font Logo AROS found is called Adam's Font
A
Posted 2 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - @Amiwell79

Yes, thats very good, thanks.

Posted 2 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood

I enclose an Archive that includes many types of icons such as 0S 1.3, 2.x, 3.1, 3.2, 3.9, OS4, OS 4.1, PowerIcon, MOS Icon, Glow Icon OS 3.9, DualPNG OS3 and many other old icons, each folder includes a couple of examples.
Posted 2 months ago
@deadwood

I noticed that from your link attached the Download does not work!

https://www.axrt....20318-1-U1
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, OlafSch, matteo, Telematix, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 14
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]