Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 3 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
@ntromans

For Ping the version is still 3.10, however do not use or mix AROS One versions prior to version 2.4, otherwise you will have conflicts and Guru.

Ping works on AROS One v2.5, the mounting that doesn't, have you tried mounting a share with your script on AROS Native on a PC?

The method I mentioned is very simple and works very well, tested on multiple PCs.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 5 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @ntromans

For Ping the version is still 3.10, however do not use or mix AROS One versions prior to version 2.4, otherwise you will have conflicts and Guru.

Ping works on AROS One v2.5, the mounting that doesn't, have you tried mounting a share with your script on AROS Native on a PC?

The method I mentioned is very simple and works very well, tested on multiple PCs.

Ah, it's the mount - thtat's the one bit I didn't try as I don't have a samba share to mount to. Yes, I'm being stupid - if it was in devs:dosdrivers it would already be mounted and hence the error. I've also missed oyut the 'from' keyword - very stupid of me! I'll edit that immediately...

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 5 months ago
If you have a Windows PC and use AROS One you don't need anything, you just need to create the DOSDrivers, a share or a network drive on a PC, quick and easy if you know Windows.

Creating a Shared Network Unit
https://youtu.be/...
Posted 5 months ago
Summing up, for SMB2 mounting, the final solution was found for the automatic mounting of the Network Shared Folder or Unity.

In practice there were two drawbacks, the first one was if SMB2 and its Icon were copied to WBStartup or via User-startup execution, in which case the SMB2 DOSDrivers were mounted too early before the system was connected, consequently the mount failed and the DOSDrivers had to be renamed to be mounted.

The other drawback was if SMB2 and its Icon were copied to Devs/DOSDrivers, in this case the Mounting was done automatically without errors, but the connection was not Active, no Icon on the Wanderer, to activate the connection and have the icon appear on the Wanderer you had to first type SMB2: somewhere (Shell or Dopus4).

The first solution I found was to copy SMB2 and its Icon to Storage/DOSDriver and then click on the SMB2 Icon on the Wanderer or AmiStart.

The solution found now allows automatic mounting, which was successfully tested on native AROS installed on a PC and on WMvare.
In practice, SMB2 and its Icon must be copied to Devs/DOSDrivers, while a small script must be created and copied to WBStartup, where the SMB2 command must be inside it, preceded by a Wait with a minimum time value in order to delay the assembly and give the system time to connect to the network.

Info and scripts will be available in the next AROS One, the described procedure can only be done after the user has created his personal SMB2 that includes his Network data.

SMB2: Creating, Mounting, Unmounting SMB2
Posted 4 months ago
After completion of the ISO and USB Image Tests, the new AROS One 2.5 will be available for download later this week.

For "Burning" the USB Image you will still have to use Rufus v3.2, unfortunately the stable version of Rufus 4.5 released a few days ago can correctly create the USB Image, but once burned and started AROS after the Grub will not find the SFS Partition.

The same USB Image created Rufus 4.5 can be "Burned" with Rufus v3.2 without any errors, the created Live Pendrive will boot AROS One safely.

From the screenshot you can see the new Theme and Amifox logged into Facebook, at the same time Mplayer plays a streaming MP3 and OWB opens the Aros archive site

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_one25.jpg
pixiepixieMember
Posted 4 months ago
Would it be possible to release it a virtual disk format like VHD, so that those who do not have hardware to run it natively can use it as is? Or perhaps give a pre-formated VHD/VMDK/VDI partitioned AROS SFS HD which one could then easily install the ISO over.
Posted 4 months ago
pixie, virtual disk format like VHD of AROS One has always been available for Download starting from AROS One v1.5

From the next hours also virtual disk format like VHD of AROS One 2.5 will be available !
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 4 months ago
@ AMIGASYSTEM,I was curious,does ArosOne 2.5 make the 25th version of AROS ONE family?
pixiepixieMember
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - pixie, virtual disk format like VHD of AROS One has always been available for Download starting from AROS One v1.5

From the next hours also virtual disk format like VHD of AROS One 2.5 will be available !

Nice! I though there was only ISOs available, nice to hear
Posted 4 months ago
Scalos? on AROS One x86 there is no Scalos, furthermore Scalos on AROS x86 is unstable!
Posted 4 months ago
I don't have these problems on both Virtual Machine and Native PC!

Where did you install AROS One?

Be careful as soon as the installation is finished, first boot the system happens to be slow, I don't know the reasons, then in subsequent starts everything is faster!
Posted 4 months ago
VirtualBox doesn't work well, I use version 6.1, no problem with slowness in the Menu, videos on the other hand are too fast (you can't reduce the speed).

Forget VirtualBox, use VMware Player, better choice in every sense!
Posted 4 months ago
Rufus developer Pete has informed me that there is a way to 'Burn' or rather 'Flash' the VHD image even with the new Rufus 4.5, basically just renaming the extension from 'VHD' to 'IMG'.

The incompatibility of "VHD image" burning with Rufus 4.5 was due to the Windows system, Pete said that with the next version he will find a solution to correct this problem.

You can read the details of the problem here:
https://github.co...ssues/2468
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 months ago
Very good!! Thanks for sharing
N
ntromansMember
Posted 4 months ago
H Amigasystem,
Re. Delete_Icon, please see new version below and inctructions for use in pm.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 06-06-2024 17:10, 4 months ago
ntromans attached the following file:
delete_icon_1.zip [9.24kB / 88 Downloads]
Posted 4 months ago
Nice, you can drag a folder or file and "only" the .info File will be deleted, while the File and Folder will show the Def_Icons icon assigned by the System.

This application of yours is very useful when you want to delete old and large icons and their settings, e.g. paths or tools other than those used by AROS One.

Create an Icon and place "DeleteIcon" in the Utilities folder!

To complete it in the next version if possible you will be able to add a Multiple Deletion, so you can delete all .info Files to a group of Files or Folders at the same time
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 06-06-2024 18:01, 4 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
deleteicon.jpg
N
ntromansMember
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Nice, you can drag a folder or file and "only" the .info File will be deleted, while the File and Folder will show the Def_Icons icon assigned by the System.

This application of yours is very useful when you want to delete old and large icons and their settings, e.g. paths or tools other than those used by AROS One.

Create an Icon and place "DeleteIcon" in the Utilities folder!

To complete it in the next version if possible you will be able to add a Multiple Deletion, so you can delete all .info Files to a group of Files or Folders at the same time

Hi Amigasystem,
Yes, multilple deletion should be possible. Hopefully I'll have that ready for early next week.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 4 months ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans
Hi Amigasystem,
Yes, multilple deletion should be possible. Hopefully I'll have that ready for early next week.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Excellent!
Posted 4 months ago
Added 'AROSDebugView' in the 'Debug' folder, hope this is useful!

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_debug.jpg
aros_debug.jpg
Posted 4 months ago
Installato su AROS (Extras/DOS-Tools) One FIGlet, program that creates large characters out of ordinary screen characters !

Created Datatypes descriptor for automatic association with FigFonts (.flf)

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/figlet.jpg
figlet.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 14
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]