Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 3 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
New Multiplatform game placed on AROS One, it is 'Caveman' old and funny LCD Console Game developed in Hollywood

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/caveman.jpg

Posted 2 months ago
Thanks to Farox, now available SFSobject on AROS X86, a small command for SFS (Filesystem) which permanently displays the hidden folder 'Recycled' with the last deleted files, in addition deleted files with the same name can also be recovered from the 'Recycled' folder

Created scripts to show or hide the recycled folder with one click, for those using 2 partitions (DH0 and DH1), if someone uses more than one partition they will simply have to change the volume name on the scripts

In addition, I created a script for both partitions that allows you to delete all files in the .recycled folder with one click.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/recycled_1.jpg
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Witch Cleaner cleans these files in the recycled folders.
Posted 2 months ago
I have tried but Witch Cleaner does not seem to manage the '.recycled' folder on AROS, I get the message 'You haven't' .recycled Trashcan' !
Posted 2 months ago
The problem is that is very sensible to get the recycled path, but this problem is for Hollywood, and sometimes the unit isn't recognize and others the drawer neither, I tested with your distribution and it works, but It is because I know this strange problem.
Posted 2 months ago
OK it works Witch Cleaner, to empty ".Recycled" you have to indicate the disk root as path (SYS, DH1, DH2 etc.)

SYS: -> Correct
SYS:Recycled -> Incorrect
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - OK it works Witch Cleaner, to empty ".Recycled" you have to indicate the disk root as path (SYS, DH1, DH2 etc.)

SYS: -> Correct
SYS:Recycled -> Incorrect

Yes. the program uses directly the unit path only for cleaning the Recycled for the cookies from OWB is neccesary give the path where is installed the browser.
Posted 2 months ago
I have been told that installing AROS One with every new release is annoying, so to make everyone happy, as soon as deadwood releases the new core I have decided to distribute both the new version of AROS One 2.6 and the update that will update Aros One v2.5 to the new version v2.6.

The update is already full-bodied with third-party software, new scripts, new configurations and new Icons. In addition to the installer that will update the System, there will also be a Script that will allow you to delete files that are no longer needed or those that have been moved to other locations, see screenshot !

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_one_26.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
aros_one_26.jpg
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - I have been told that installing AROS One with every new release is annoying, so to make everyone happy, as soon as deadwood releases the new core I have decided to distribute both the new version of AROS One 2.6 and the update that will update Aros One v2.5 to the new version v2.6.

That's good development, congratz!
Posted 2 months ago
@deadwood
All this is possible thanks to your work!
Posted 2 months ago
Unfortunately there will be delays for AROS One 2.6 and Update, yesterday my HD died so I have to redo everything.

Basically it will take a few months of work to recreate configurations, Icons and all Core and Third Party Software updates.
N
ntromansMember
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Unfortunately there will be delays for AROS One 2.6 and Update, yesterday my HD died so I have to redo everything.

Basically it will take a few months of work to recreate configurations, Icons and all Core and Third Party Software updates.

Really sorry to hear that - I hope getting everything back turns out to not be as hard as it currently looks.

All the best,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago
Thanks to the news left on the forums I am slowly catching up with everything, I think by next week I will have caught up, I thank you for your moral support!
Posted 2 months ago
Many icons I have recreated even though some images have been replaced (see screenshots), finding an image on the Web is like looking for a needle in the haystack, if you can't remember what you're looking for. !

Speaking of Icons, how about using Icons in 64x64 format (See screenshot), Size used by OS 4.1 and MOS, the problem is that there is currently no system app for automatic reduction on AROS, there is one on Aros-Archive but it doesn't work well (Icons lose quality)

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_one_26_1.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
All the update has been recovered, AROS One and again Work In Progress, thanks to Terminills' permission on the next AROS One 2.6 you will find installed Final Write 7.1 Demo, I would say a very good Word Processor.

The Full version of Final Write v7.0 for AROS x86 ABIv0 is also available on the Terminills website, the Full version of Final Write 7.1 is currently only available for Apollo OS/AROS MC68K and ABIv1 64Bit.

https://final-wri...

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/finalwrite.jpg
retrofaza, Farox, Argo, ntromans
finalwrite.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
As you can see from the screenshot above, I set the clock to AmiStart, because DigiClock set on the top bar of wanderer required closing when changing the screen resolution.

I made this decision because inexperienced users had difficulty understanding that in order to apply the resolution change, DigiClock had to be closed.

DigiClock is now available and can be started from the System folder.
Posted 1 month ago
Here we go if there are no other problems soon the new AROS One v2.6 will be available for download.

There will also be an update via the standard installer from version 2.5 to the new version 2.6.

AmiFox can also play YouTube videos and does so via the integrated Amitube!

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/16.jpg
16.jpg
Posted 1 month ago
Today I wanted to see if it was possible to use wallpapers on MPlayer and I must say that thanks to MUI/Zune the operation is possible.

In the next version or update it will be possible to change Wallpapers and Buttons also possible to interchange Wallpapers with Buttons, this is possible as both have different methods of setting Preferences.

Of course all users could create their own Themes, maybe with different Backgrounds and Buttons, of course some AROS/Amiga experience is needed, but if anyone wants information on how to create them they can do so in the Thread AROS One Support, Tips And Requests.

For those who don't know Mplayer (It exists only on AROS and MorphOS) is a Multimedia Player that supports all common Video and Audio formats.

MorphOS Users could also use it, but will have to do a manual installation!

I enclose screenshots where you can see some Wallpaper and Button combinations

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/mplayer.jpg
Posted 31 days ago
About ten days ago the Youtube Channel of InstallOS published a video on how to install AROS One, too bad it showed the old version of AROS One 2.5.

The Video is of Good workmanship, it lasted minimum the time to install AROS One, I liked a lot the commentary of course positive, the only thing that you can notice is that the author is not a connoisseur of Amiga/AROS you can notice it when he tries to use some Application.

I enclose a link to the Video Tutorial on how to install AROS One, but be careful in the tutorial he skipped the "Wipe Disk", fundamental when using Hardisik or other peripherals previously used for Windows, MAC or Linux installations.

Basically the "Wipe Disk" wipes any bootloader and writes the native Amiga RDB, in his case it was not necessary because he used a Virtual HardFile on VM, for the rest all the procedure is correct, here is the link of the video:

https://youtu.be/...
Posted 26 days ago
A few hours ago another video on AROS One 2.6 was posted, a user tested it in VM and was happy with it without encountering any problems, a nice video (168 views in 5 hours)

https://youtu.be/...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 14
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]