Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Odyssey Web Browser 32-bit

Last updated on 21 minutes ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 21 minutes ago
@serk118uk

Please try YT with iPhone/iPad spoofing and let me know if you still get freezes.
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 34 minutes ago
If you encounter a video that does not want to play with a message about too old browser, such as these:

https://www.youtu...n-7Xp3sDVc

Turn on iphone/ipad spoofing - it will work. By the way, the mobile player runs a bit faster, which can be useful on very weak hardware.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 13 hours ago
Amiwell you have to repeat the sending several times, then the video shows up!
If the system crashes then you have some problem in your operating system!

----- Italiano -----

Amiwell devi ripetere più volte l'invio, poi il video si vede !
Se il sistema va in crash allora hai qualche problema nel tuo sistema operativo !
You do not have access to view attachments
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 14 hours ago
i can't see any videos the computer crashes on the youtube page, i went to a blog that contains videos and it doesn't play them it crashes, the blog is albs, the amount of ram is 3 gb
A
Posted 15 hours ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - A few more questions:

1) Is it happening on the same video or different videos?
2) How long does it take before freeze
3) What is the amount of free ram before the freeze

I have to fix the computer I have problems
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 hours ago
New build:

https://axrt.org/development/owb/i386/OWB_2.0-20241015.zip

Changes:
- fixed possible race condition leading to crash at start of playing a video
- network thread increased in priority
- implemented copying from HTML (Amiga+C, CTRL+C)
- workaround for some videos changing audio format leading to a crash
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 19 hours ago
A few more questions:

1) Is it happening on the same video or different videos?
2) How long does it take before freeze
3) What is the amount of free ram before the freeze
A
Posted 23 hours ago
it happens on both computers strange on the HP Z400 I have a 3.40 Ghz CPU, unfortunately I have to turn off the computer when it freezes
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 day ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - I too do not view youtube it freezes at a certain point and you see windows that should be white videos

Does this happen on Acer Aspire or on Z400 or on both?

When it freezes, does trying to warm reboot (like serk118uk) unfreezes AROS?
Posted 1 day ago
@deadwood

On Youtube.com the grey screens of the previews is probably given by the type of video, maybe its quality or duration.

If I try to give a second or third hit on the bar, I can see the previews, see screnshots, perhaps because they are lighter videos, or it may be due to OWB not being fast enough on WMvare !

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/owb_20-youtube.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 14-10-2024 18:12, 1 day ago
Posted 1 day ago

serk118uk wrote:

@serk118uk - Rest of the websites are fine, just youtube .

If works for most than problem could be on my side, needed libraries are updated,

I tested AROS One 2.4 + Update 2.6 and OWB 2.0 worked fine, no Guru, youtube.com shows the grey rectangles the message: "Start watching video to help us a feed of video you'll love"

Ho anche aggiornato con le nuove librerie "muimaster.library" e "stdlib.library", e nulla è cambiato, nessun crash e youtube.com dopo aver mostrato i rettangoli grigi mi dato di nuovo il messaggio "Start watching video to help us a feed of video you'll love"
A
Posted 2 days ago
I too do not view youtube it freezes at a certain point and you see windows that should be white videos
serk118ukserk118ukSoftware Dev
Posted 2 days ago
Rest of the websites are fine, just youtube .

If works for most than problem could be on my side, needed libraries are updated,
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 days ago
Apart from trying a clean installation on pendrive to rule out problems with upgrades, the only thing that comes to my mind is problem with audio. Audio has a high priority task which if looping could cause such issues.

Are there any other pages that freeze your AROS or just YT?
Posted 2 days ago
The update is only from 2.5 to 2.6 ! that's why you have the old Icons introduced with AROS One 2.5

Theoretically it should still be fine, I would have to test, but if you only did the update you are missing the Core updates done on AROS One 2.5, you can see the differences between 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 here:

https://www.arosw...#post_6231
Posted 2 days ago
I was 2.4 than 2.5 and than used updater from 2.5 to 2.6 , maybe you should double check if updater doing the job right..
i.postimg.cc/MpbdL609/20241014-153816.jpg
Posted 2 days ago
serk118uk, I had seen your AROS (DH0) and RAM icons that belong to AROS 2.4! and I thought you had installed AROS One 2.4.
Posted 2 days ago
I am actually using aros one 2.6 installed ..
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 days ago
If you are indeed using older distribution, please try what AMIGASYSTEM suggested with live pendriver of newest version. Odyssey is not tested to work with anything older than 20220318-1 Update 1 + fixed libraries.
Posted 2 days ago
@deadwood

If it helps, I have no block or Guru, but if I start 'www.youtube.com' after the grey squares I get a message from YouTube (maybe too many Previews?), see screenshot !

@serk118uk

You are using AROS One 2.4 there are no latest updates, the guru may be motivated by this, try OWB 2.0 with a Live Pendrive with AROS One v.26 !

Then add the latest version of muimaster.library and stdlib.library distributed these days by deadwood
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]