Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Support

Last updated on 5 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
What do you mean?
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
By clicking on the Download Tab I expected the Download, is the Tab only redirecting ?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Yes, the button "Download" navigates you to the downloads page.
Posted 1 month ago
@deadwood

If for the moment there are no updates Core next week I could start the creation and distribution of the new AROS one 2.6 plus the Aros One 2.5 update to AROS One 2.6.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
There won't be any major updates to Core until October/November. Small updates and bugfixes can of course happen here and there.
Posted 1 month ago
OK thank you, then I will proceed with the creation and distribution of AROS One v2.6
Posted 1 month ago
@deadwood

I was trying the installer Native AROS x86 and I noticed that when it runs it looks for a script in the SYS:Developer folder instead of SYS:Development !!!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Looking at codes, you can only hit the problem with wrong path if you run Installer from Shell and don't provide SCRIPT argument. What is the use case of doing so?
Posted 1 month ago
I created an installation script on OS3 with InstallerGen to upgrade Aros One, with Install-LG it works fine, while with Installer AROS I got the mentioned problem.

The upgrade must be done from Icons as normally done on Amiga, tool Tooltypes Installer
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
If I see correctly, the tooltype you need to set is called SCRIPT. If you are getting this error about SYSGrineveloper, it means Installer didn't find your script and is doing fallback to some testing script.
Posted 1 month ago
To make the Native AROS Installer work, you must first rename Development to Developer, or create a new folder Developer and include the necessary, see Dopus4 in the screenshot..

Having done this the GUI works, but then if I add my script in Tooltypes it is not found, see error in the screenshot screenshot, where do I go wrong?

EDIT:
Ignore first screenshot, incorrect tooltypes
You do not have access to view attachments
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 1 month ago
when I install the extras, I cannot get GCC to work at the end of the installation
Posted 1 month ago
Amiwell you have to make assignments otherwise the GCC won't work, if you don't remember take a look at AROS One!
Posted 1 month ago
@deadwood

Doing new tests with Network Preferences I noticed that the Shared Mount works but there are 2 problems:

- The Windows Shared Folder shows truncated file names and Aros icons are not recognised, see secreenshot, probably it does not handle the NTFS Filesystem of the PC properly ?

- Mounting as also happens for SMB2 via Network Preferences happens too early so the mount fails, a "Wait of at least 05 seconds" should be added

- There would be a third problem if the Share is done with Windows, in practice Windows systems after about 15 minutes of share inactivity, it is automatically deactivated.

For this problem on SMB2 I have created two scripts that disassemble and reassemble SMB2 !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Issues are now documented here: https://github.co...issues/152
Posted 1 month ago
deadwood I would like to report a problem with MPlayer, basically when loading a file, the Filerequest GUI creates a split and graphic artefacts on the MPlayer GUI, see screenshot !

Regarding MPlayer, I don't know if it is possible to update it, on MorpoOS there is a much more updated version 1.4 beta 1 which adds these new functions:

- updated to latest official MPlayer 1.4 (r38132) release version, related ffmpeg updated
from 4.1.0 to latest 4.1.5
- updated mencoder cmdline encoding tool
- added support for openssl 1.1.1g to enable https:// protocol support in order to
stream via https:// directly
- updated libvpx 1.4.0 adds V9 encoder support and decoding of advanced bit depths
- updated libopus to 1.0.3 (min requirement for ffmpeg4)
- build with GCC 9.3.0
- AltiVec only for now, a seperate non-AltiVec version might be released at a later point
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Aren't these artifacts happening with every program that opens a requester?

As for updating, I'm not planning on doing that right now.
Posted 1 month ago
OK, for MPLayer it was more of a report, it's not an urgent thing!

Regarding the request problem, yes there are other applications that have the same problem, doing a test on the fly I also found the problem on ArosPDF, ZunePaint, FrameScale.
Posted 5 days ago
deadwood, if you iconify JanusUAE, but it has also happened with other Applications, the name of the iconify Icon has strange fonts, see screnshot.
T
TelematixJunior Member
Posted 5 days ago
In JanusUAE it has always been that way. At least since I first used it several years ago.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, ntromans, Amiwell79, miker1264, OlafSch, matteo, Telematix, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 10
Members Online 0

Total Members: 259
Newest Member: jma
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]